Known as Via Papalis for the papal procession that passed through it, the name of the street originates from the temple on the land of Plautius Lateranus.
It was a narrow street, with little traffic and uninhabited. It was Pope Umberto VI who changed its fate by giving economic, legal and financial privileges to those who would decide to populate it.
In 1588 it was Pope Sixtus V who gave it the appearance we know today: it was widened and its route optimised. Conceived as an artery between the Colosseum and the Lateran, it is home to important buildings, villas and churches.
The intervention by Vivenda involved an initial and complete overhaul of the building’s plasters, which revealed deterioration of up to 30% of the entire surface.
In a second step, the exterior surfaces were painted with lime-based mineral material, similar to Kerakoll’s bio lime, with brush and roller.
The stonework and architectural elements underwent cleaning and removal of various micro-organisms, oxidation and chemical or natural aggressors and then treated with resin, all by means of a low-pressure system using sand and water.
The tiles were removed from the roof and replaced. A double membrane was laid, the upper of which was slated and insulated with 5 cm thick polystyrene sheets.
The terrace, the flooring and its subfloor were completely demolished and rebuilt.