Lungotevere dei Vallati, dating from 1887, is a street in Rione Regola, originally an area of millers, dyers, butchers. In the Rione was the hippodrome, the Trigarium, the place where charioteers and racehorses were trained.
The name is in memory of the Roman noble family, including Giulio Vallati who died in 1527 during the sack of Rome while defending the city.
Vivenda’s intervention focused mainly on the plasters of the central strip and the façades of the main floor of the building. The existing cement mortar plasters were demolished and reconstructed with traditional lime and pozzolan mortars.
With nailed wooden boards, travertine ashlars and brushes were redesigned on the plaster as in the original. Partial interventions only on the parts that needed to be redone were carried out on the rustication of the plinth.
The parapet of the balcony was then reconstructed according to the original design of the building, and meticulous work was carried out on the festoon discolorations.
The restoration was completed with the renovation and painting of all existing window frames and grilles, after rustproofing, and the roofing elements that had water seepage were cleaned.