Via Morgagni is one of the cross streets of Viale Regina Margherita that connects Piazza Girolamo Fabrizio (Via del Policlinico) and Piazza Salerno. There are several Art Nouveau villas in the area, mostly the work of architects Pio and Marcello Piacentini.
At no. 25, as a plaque dedicated to him states, lived Antonio Gramsci between 1925 and 1926, one of the founders of the Communist Party of Italy, a parliamentarian and one of the most famous and original Marxist philosophers.
The conservative restoration of the building included a complete overhaul of the plastered surface of the façades where degradation was present.
Some parts of the building that were found to be unsafe were secured, stripped and replastered with lime plaster.
All slate covers on the cornices were cleaned and replaced where necessary.
Particular attention was paid to the architectural elements, cornices, stringcourses and frames: each element was smoothed and painted.