Known as Via Papalis because of the papal procession that passed through it, the name of the street originates from the Temple on the land of Plautius Lateranus.
It was a narrow street, with little traffic and uninhabited. What changed the fate of the street was first Pope Umberto VI, who granted economic, legal and financial privileges to populate it.
In 1588, it was Pope Sixtus V who gave it the appearance we know today: the street was widened and its route optimised. Conceived as an artery between the Colosseum and the Lateran, it is now home to important buildings, villas and churches.
Vivenda, in this work, carried out simultaneous work on the three affected fronts of the building, with the aim of ensuring a homogeneous continuation of the work, maximising the productivity of the site: the Via di San Giovanni in Laterano elevation, the side front facing the first floor roof terrace and the front facing the interior terraces.
The façades have several architectural elements. The main one of great value had very deteriorated friezes that needed to be restored.
‘Surface removal tests’ were carried out to identify the original paint layers on both the plaster and the stucco and travertine surfaces, where a layer of surface paint was present.
The plasterwork was overhauled with careful chamfering, a mineral-based wall covering, and subsequent reconstruction with lime-based materials, creating the effect of faux travertine.
Once suitable rainwater drainage was ensured, the final protective treatment was carried out.