The building, an architectural complex with a fascist imprint, is located between Piazza di Tor Sanguigna, Via di Tor Sanguigna and Via Agonale near the underground archaeological area of the Stadium of Domitian, a stone’s throw from the government buildings.
The square takes its name from Tor Sanguigna, the brick and tuff block building that was the residence of the noble Roman Sanguigni family.
The medieval tower became the emblem of the area, thanks mainly to the episodes of violence that took place there, such as the execution of Riccardo Sanguigni who, for siding with the rival Colonna family, was executed here in 1406.
The façades of the building are clad in yellow and pink brick, giving a chromatic vibrancy that interrupts the white travertine that covers the entire basement up to the central balcony, also in travertine like the window frames.
Through a prior investigation of the building’s condition, Vivenda noticed that the brick cladding of the entire central strip was suffering from subsidence due to the incompatibility of the materials used during construction.
To address the problem, in agreement with the superintendency, holes were drilled at the concrete parts, into which fibreglass flakes were inserted, opened and anchored with two-component epoxy resin to the fibreglass mesh, previously laid in place with a suitable adhesive.
The original bricks were necessarily replaced due to their shortage and in order to maintain the twentieth-century hue, numerous glazes with lime paints were applied, restoring chromatic continuity to the entire façade.