Corso Vittorio Emanuele II is located in the Roman districts of Ponte, Parione, Sant‘Eustachio and Pigna.
The street, non-existent until before the annexation of Rome to the Kingdom of Italy, began to be thought of as an extension of Via Nazionale in 1873, with the first urban development plan of Rome as the capital of Italy.
The latter was modified on 19 May 1882 by the Commission for the Study of the City Plan of Rome. The idea with respect to the original plan was to isolate the most important monuments, giving decorum and nobility to the street.
In 1944, in an attempt to erase the Savoy dynasty from Roman streets, numbering was added to the name, indicating the sovereign to whom the street was dedicated: Corso Vittorio Emanuele II.
The intervention by Vivenda was aimed at recovering the plaster through cleaning and consolidation.
All additions or replacements were limited to those parts that were extremely deteriorated and no longer reliable.
Once the base of the building was covered with ashlars, the cement plaster was removed, the joints were scraped, the surfaces were cleaned and a treatment to control and contain soluble salts was applied.
The macroporous lime-based plaster and the natural mineral restorative finish with highly breathable paintwork was then applied.
A manual surface removal operation was carried out, a removal of the covering layers, through the use of a scalpel, to highlight the overlapping of the paintings, at the bottom of the main façade and the cornices.
The travertine elements and side elevations were cleaned using low-pressure (0.5/1.5 bar) Jos, a rotary vortex cleaning process with very fine calcium carbonate aggregates.
In addition, all wooden window frames and string-course façades were overhauled and, the latter, rebuilt when necessary.